Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ordained Ministers Perform Weddings at UCCS

Hello classmates. Here is a link to the Universal Life Church website where you can be ordained in a few minutes. http://www.themonastery.org/ Just click on "Free Online Ordinations" at the top. There are many online churches where you can be ordained online but the ULC is the oldest and most popular. Over 20 million ministers! I thought it would be funny to wear suit coats with the ordination certificate on the inside and to offer people marriages, baptisms, etc. like we were selling stolen jewelry. Should we spout some rhetoric concerning the conceptual issues of our funny project or wait until Maria drills it out of us? Perhaps she will give Carla blog points for a discussion of conceptual issues. I for one think laughter is its own explanation, and I absolve myself of the sins of an inadequate proposal. Please RSVP by April 23, 2007.

5 comments:

Ultralizer said...

Yippee!

So here's what we talked about needing for class on 4/23:

Minister License
Costume Ideas
Group Assignments
Props
Task/ Presentation Ideas
Locations
Questions

Any thing else we can come up with?

HeHeHaHa, I'm so excited about this project!

+Sooin+ said...

So, Maria will make flyers?

Karla said...

I think that the suit idea is good. i was also thinking of wearing a bathrobe instead of a priest's robe because I think that's funny. My daughter has proclaimed that she is an excellent macaroni necklace maker so she and I will make "Macaroni Rosaries" using popcicle sticks for the cross. If anyone has a particular color they desire let Minister Karla know. I think we should all try to make a flyer of somekind. I think using the quad for an alter would be great. Then we could give out bread we cut into circles and "grape drink" for communion. Or maybe jello to get that coagulated look of blood. This is going to be so funny!

gamblermo said...

This is Reverand Jeff, and I still need to get into contact with my partner. I'm going to see what zeezo's charges for a priest costume or I was also thinking that suits would be fine. I like the "stolen jewelry" idea. That way we dont have to just stand around for the marriage. Maybe even just one group can do the marriages and others can go absolve sins or baptize people. Josh-Do you know a website or anything that has good material on the how to's of blessing something or absolving sins?

Josh said...

Jeff, just google search it, and I'm sure you can get lots of words to say for specific ceremonies.