Monday, April 23, 2007

Hey Classmates!

For my internet gaming project I pulled some email and address trickery, possibly fraud. I have come up against prejudice and descrimination in my life for being a lesbian. Consistently, this ignorance comes from a lack of awareness and/or education. Where I mainly encounter all of this is with my father.
I did some research and found nine differant sources for gay/bi/lesbian/transgender support newsletters that include spiritual guidence, information in general including what is going on in the world surrounding the topic, shared experiences or stories, and other support avenues.
Using my fathers real full name, his e-mail address, and his full real home address, I took the initiative to sign my father up to receive weekly and monthly newsletters through his e-mail, and to be delivered to his mailbox from all nine sources.
My goal is to acheive some sort of outreach to my father, hopefully provoking him to atleast take some head and a possible glance, maybe even read some of the information promoting equal human rights.

Here are some screen shots of the process.





!!!!!Please feel free to provide me with some critique in your comments, since I did not present in class.!!!!

I am sure their is no need for summary since it is scripted above, but I'd like to hear your interpritation and/or overall what your reaction is.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Hey everybody, sorry it's taken so long here is the information for my internet project. If you log in I garantee someone will try to I.M. you. www.plentyofish.com
username karina2244
password Arianna2
Enjoy!

Karla said...

Hey Amelia,
Sorry I went to the wrong place for my post. I didn't mean to do it. Anywho, good luck with your dad. I have other friends with the same issue and for most of them it took a major event for change to come. Then it was only tolerance not really acceptance. But, keep in mind it could also be a generational thing too. If he was ever in the military, he has been brainwashed and will never understand. That shouldn't prevent you from you being you. Sorry if my response sounds negative but you are now an adult and ready to have your own family the way you want it. Be brave, be independant and go with a smile.